1. We fast so that God can get more of us. We are so full of other things that there isn’t any room for God.
2. We have to be open to a new visitation and revelation for God.You have to give the Lord this new year with an open heart, ready to be filled anew.
3. Fasting will give you a new level of authority. You are more anointed to read and hear God’s Word when you fast. With that new knowledge comes new levels of authority.
Jesus responded to the devil with the authority of the Word of God.
4. Your senses and sensitivity are heightened when you fast. We have to get bigger ears to hear from Him and be more sensitive to the voice of God.
5. Your authority will increase when you fast and pray. Jesus returned after his fast in the power of the Holy Spirit. When He returned from fasting He returned with external authority.
What God has whispered to you internally prior to this fast, you are going to experience externally!
6. Unity is more important than the details. As a church we are doing a Daniel fast, and as you fast work out your own details.
7. Some demons only come out by fasting and prayer. The same way you send the devil out is the same means through which the Holy Spirit comes in.
The power of the Holy Spirit will only come in when the unclean spirit has been cast out.
But the same way you send the devil out is the same means through which the Holy Spirit comes in. The power of the Holy Spirit will only come in when the unclean spirit has been cast out.
Scripture: Luke 4:1-2; 14-5:37; chapter 5; II Kings 4; Isaiah 61; John 4:31; John 4:32
8. Fasting causes you to be totally be dependent on Christ.
9. This fast will result in multiplication, 1000 times more in every way. 1000 times more than you are today is what awaits you if you will com it to this fast and pray
When you fast and pray and experience your greatest moments of hunger, it will be His signal that there is something that He wants to say to you.